Banana bread is a tasty cake like bread made with bananas and all-purpose flour. It’s soft, moist, fluffy and tastes delicious. You can have it in breakfast or in the evening during your coffee or tea break. It’s easy to make, doesn’t require fancy ingredients and is ready one and a half hour. Here’s what you require to make a banana bread;
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- Salt 2 pinches
- Baking Powder 2 Tsp
- Bananas 5-6 ripe
- Butter Half cup
- Brown Sugar ¾ cup
- Eggs 2-3
- Vanilla Essence 1 Tsp
- Mix together all the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and brown sugar in a bowl. Make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Cut the bananas in small pieces and mash them well using a fork or a potato masher in another bowl.
- Add butter, eggs and vanilla essence to the bananas and whisk them well using a whisker.
- Add the mixture of dry ingredients to the banana batter and start mixing with the help of spatula.
- Take a standard 9×3 inch loaf pan and grease it well with butter. Put in butter paper and grease it with butter too.
- Put your banana bread batter into the loaf pan and evenly spread it.
- Put the loaf pan at 375 degrees in a pre-heated oven.
- Let it bake for an hour. You can check if it’s ready by putting in a toothpick or a cake tester. If it comes out with some crumbs your banana bread is ready.
- After an hour your banana bread should be ready anyway. Take it out and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it’s cooled down scrape the sides of the pan with the help of a knife so that it pops out smoothly.
- Put the loaf pan upside down and tap on its back. The bread should come out easily.
- Slice it and enjoy.
- We used brown sugar on purpose as it is a healthier option than white sugar. You can use white or both if you like.
- Use coarse edible salt or kosher salt instead of refined one otherwise it will be too salty.
- You can customize this recipe in many ways; u can use a pinch of ground cinnamon, cardamom or even shredded toasted coconut. They taste good in banana bread. Likewise, you can add chocolate chips, toasted walnuts, toasted pecans, crushed almonds etc.
- Do not overmix the batter or your bread will end up gummy and tough. Keep white flour visible in the batter.
- Make sure all the ingredients are aligned with the room temperature. This will help to make an even batter that will bake nicely.
- If you have bananas turning black, refrigerate them and use the thawed bananas to make yummy banana bread.
- You can use oil instead of butter. But oil doesn’t add flavor like butter. You can also melt your butter and use it in liquid form.
- Add butter milk or almond milk to your banana bread. It will enhance its flavor and enrich its texture too.
When you take it out of the oven it’s important that you let it cool. Otherwise the sides and the bottom will get soggy.